You have a great organization with wonderful support. It’s fun working with MTEL.”
Jim Millard, co-op teacher, TR Leger Adult Learning Centre, Upper Canada DSB, Cornwall, June 2011
Never underestimate the power of MTEL, even in a small school setting. It is a professional way to manage the many facets of cooperative education data. I continue to enjoy using the program with my students at AFNORTH. It’s professional and organized.” Ainslie Kuryliw, co-op and student support teacher, AFNORTH International School, Canadian section, Brunssum, Netherlands, April 2012
At first I dug my heels solidly in the ground when our Board decided to go with Mtel .. I thought, “Good God, not another new program to learn!” But believe me, I soon changed my mind! Mtel is a HUGE time saver – everything is right at your fingertips and the support provided is excellent. I’ve got 9 years to go before I retire, and I’m hoping Mtel is a part of each and every one of those years! “usan Van Horn, Cooperative Education teacher, Manitoulin SS, Rainbow DSB, Sudbury, April 2012
I spent 27 years in the private sector before beginning my teaching career, primarily in senior financial management roles with large multi-national companies. As a result, I was involved in the search and selection process for many computer systems over the years. I have found MTEL to be an excellent system. It is user friendly, and dramatically increases one’s efficiency while working as a co-op teacher. I highly recommend the system to all teachers, schools, and school boards looking for an excellent tool to help manage their co-op education programs.”Del Jones, Co-op Teacher, TR Leger School of Adult, Alternative & Continuing Education, Upper Canada DSB, Cornwall, April 2012
MTEL is user friendly and any problems I encountered were handled efficiently by MTEL support staff. They had a very friendly manner and followed through on any concerns I had. Overall I am very satisfied with the service MTEL provides.”Brenda Stewart, Co-op Teacher, Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School, Upper Canada DSB, Cornwall, April 2012
– The MTEL data system has been instrumental in organizing, processing and maintaining student and employer data.
– The forms that are generated are consistent and professional looking.
– data base is comprehensive because it entails many aspects of co-op, including WEA, PPLP, student and employer information, etc.
– information can be shared between co-op teachers.
– it consolidates the information to save time and eliminate repetition of tasks.
– this program has been vital in the alternative setting where co-op staff work collectively to ensure student success.
– data is neat, easy to read, reduces mistakes that can be made when using manual methods.
– speed and reliability in creating a PPLP; ease of use; internet based, therefore, available anywhere; record keeper; PPLPs can be updated regularly and only printed when necessary; standard format across the province (not sloppy documents); data can be used for statistical purposes by Co-op and OYAP co-ordinators.
Comments by Rainbow DSB teachers, April 2012
MTEL is a HUGE time saver: everything is right at your fingertips and the support provided is excellent. I've got 9 years to go before I retire, and I'm hoping MTEL is a part of each and every one of those years!" Susan Van Horn, Co-op Teacher, Manitoulin Secondary School, Rainbow DSB, Sudbury
MTEL is an excellent system. It is user friendly and dramatically increases one's efficiency while working as a co-op teacher. I highly recommend the system!" Del Jones, Co-op Teacher, TR Leger Adult Learning Centre, Upper Canada DSB, Cornwall
MTEL is a powerful tool, even in a small school setting. It is a professional way to manage the many facets of cooperative education data. I continue to enjoy using the program with my students. It's professional and well organized."Ainslie Kuryliw, Co-op and Student Support Teacher, AFNorth International School, Netherlands
As a Co-op Coordinator, I can quickly generate my Ministry, OYAP and WSIB reports with a few clicks. The tech support is great and all of my questions get answered the same day. I highly recommend MTEL! " Warren Seton, Co-op / OYAP Coordinator, St. Clair Catholic DSB, Wallaceburg
This is exactly why we are a happy client. Your office is receptive to hearing the issues and taking corrective action immediately to make the program user friendly for the front line co-op teachers."Calvin McCabe, Co-op / OYAP Coordinator, Lambton Kent DSB, Chatham